- 13 Jul 16
David Bowie's parting gift to us still remains on top.
We're halfway through 2016 and Blackstar strides ahead confidently in the top selling vinyl's of 2016.
Vinyl is seeing a strong resurgence in popularity and the way we consume music. In fact, it's one of the only two methods (that and streaming) that have seen an increase in figures with our vinyl intake up 11%. Released on January 8, thus far Blackstar has sold over 57,000 vinyls alone. To put that into context, Blackstar vinyl has sold better than any other vinyl of 2015; bar Adele's 25 and Taylor Swift's 1989.
Adele falls second in line to Bowie with 36,000 under 25's belt for 2016 so far. Keep in mind however, that in 2015 25 manage to sell an astonishing 116,000 copies on vinyl.
Here is the list of the top selling vinyls for the first half of 2016;
1. David Bowie, Blackstar (57,000)
2. Adele, 25 (36,000)
3. Twenty One Pilots, Blurryface (31,000)
4. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black (27,000)
5. Bob Marley & The Wailers, Legend: The Best of Bob Marley and the Wailers (23,000)
6. Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp a Butterfly (22,000)
7. The Beatles, Abbey Road (21,000)
8. Twenty One Pilots, Vessel (20,000)
9. Miles Davis, Kind of Blue (19,000)
10. The Lumineers, Cleopatra (19,000)