not a member? click here to sign up
Jägermeister Freezer Session: line-ups
A diverse selection of bands will play at the five events.
The Hot Press Newsdesk, 18 May 2012
The line-up has been confirmed for the latest round of Jägermeister Freezer Sessions gigs – and a damn fine one it is too!
Run in conjunction with Hot Press, the diverse array of acts criss-crossing the country includes:
• The Kanyu Tree, Hal, Sweet Jane & Hush War Cry @ Crane Lane, Cork (June 7)
• Ham Sandwich, The Kanyu Tree, Tarantella Fall & Dead Red Light @ Dolan’s, Limerick (June 14)
• Jape, The Riptide Movement, Preachers Son & Dott @ Roisin Dubh, Galway (June 21)
• Jape, The Kanyu Tree, Hal, SircleS & Propellor Palms @ The Forum, Waterford (June 23)
• The Kanyu Tree, Bitches With Wolves, Shadowplay & Bouts @ The Grand Social, Dublin (June 26)
Tickets as ever are free if you’re over 18, but need to be applied for by clicking here.
The Limerick gig kicks off immediately after Ireland have royally rogered Spain – a Euro 2012 clash that will be getting the big screen treatment in the venue.
Richie Jape was of course the winner of this year’s Choice Music Prize, and has a new double A-side single, ‘Please Don’t Turn The Record Off’/’It’s Shadow Won’t Make Noise,’ ready to roll on June 1. Shadowplay also had reason to be jubillant in February when they fended off competition from almost 1,000 other acts to land a spot on the Hot Press Music Show Live Stage in the RDS.
We’re sure Bitches With Wolves are pretty chuffed too after being invited by Jake Shears to open for Scissor Sisters last week in London – a great shop window for the Dubliners’ deliciously kitsch electro-pop talents. Elsewhere, comeback kids Hal have a stunning new album, The Time, The Hour to plug; The Riptide Movement are busy promoting the bejaysus out of their top ten Keep On Keepin’ On collection; SircleS are as tasty as you’d expect a band featuring ex-members of The Blizzards to be; and our other Freezer Sessions acts are all getting up to the prerequisite amount of rock ‘n’ roll mischief.