- 28 May 14
The festival is offering volunteers full access to the festival in exchange for 24 hours of service.
Electric Picnic is seeking volunteers for the August concert and offering a great opportunity for those looking to attend the festival.
Volunteers will be expected to work 24 total hours at the festival, in either four six-hour shifts or three eight-hour shifts, at various tasks, including being the 'eyes and ears' of the Festival which entails reporting any potential health and safety hazards, crime or illegal activity, serving as mobile / roaming Information Stewards which entails assisting festival goers with queries, helping carry equipment and helping to pitch tents, Directing traffic which includes assisting in car park areas and guiding pedestrians to campsites and other activities related to general assistance at the event.
Applications can be filled out and submitted here. Below is the full list of requirements for those who apply:
- Read and agree to the Volunteer Terms & Conditions .
- Pay a refundable BOND to the value of Festival ticket by the middle of July 2014. This will be refunded 2-3 weeks after the event if shifts are completed satisfactorily.
- Be 18 years or over before the start of August 2014. Photo ID will be required on arrival.
- Be available to arrive at the Festival site by 12.00 noon on Thursday 28th August 2014.
- Make their own way to and from Stradbally. Train & bus information will be provided
- and Crew carparking will be made available.
- Be available for onsite briefing on Thursday 28th at 16.00
- Be available to work 4 x 6hr or 3 x 8hr shifts between Friday 29th August and Monday 1st September. We may need volunteers on Monday 1st September, please note on your application form if you can.
- Be prepared to wear your designated hi-vis vest and be easily recognisable as a Festival Volunteer - all Health & Safety instructions should be adhered to, for your own protection & safety.
- Supply a recent photo for our photoboard on arrival.
- Bring adequate camping gear
- Bring clothing appropriate for the weather – to use protective clothing in adverse weather conditions and sun cream as protection from the sun.