- 30 Aug 20
David Lyttle feat. Liam Neeson and Paul Brady's performances for Van Morrison's 75th birthday celebration are going live tonight.
Following stunning performances for 'Rave On, Van Morrison' last night, we're bringing you another special evening of back-to-back Van covers – with David Lyttle feat. Liam Neeson performing 'On Hyndford Street', followed by Paul Brady performing 'Cry For Home'.
Over the course of the YouTube event, celebrating Van Morrison's 75th birthday, you can expect even more renditions of his remarkable songs from some of the most iconic names in the country – including President Michael D. Higgins with Bill Whelan, Hozier, Sinéad O'Connor, Bob Geldof, and Glen Hansard , to name just a few.
Co. Down-born drummer and composer David Lyttle has forged a reputation as one of the country’s most respected jazz musicians – performing in over 30 countries, collaborating with some of the legends of the genre, and earning a MOBO Award nomination. He collaborates on his cover of ‘On Hyndford Street’ with Oscar, BAFTA and Golden Globe-nominated actor Liam Neeson.
Widely considered one of Ireland's greatest singer-songwriters, Paul Brady initially rose to prominence as a member of The Johnstons and Planxty. As a solo artist, he continues to push at the boundaries of contemporary music.
David Lyttle feat. Liam Neeson's performance of 'On Hyndford Street' (7pm Irish Standard Time) and Paul Brady's performance of 'Cry For Home' (8pm) premiere tonight, August 30, on the Hot Press YouTube channel.
See the schedule for the upcoming performances on 'Rave On, Van Morrison' below:
- Sun Aug 30 David Lyttle feat. Liam Neeson On Hyndford Street (7pm); Paul Brady Cry For Home (8pm)
Plus – an action-packed programme for Van's Big Day on Monday, August 31:
• President Michael D. Higgins with Bill Whelan – ‘Rave On, John Donne’ (7pm)
• Bob Geldof – ‘I'm Tired Joey Boy’ (7.15pm)
• Moya Brennan (Clannad) – ‘The Beauty Of The Days Gone By’ (7.30pm)
• Paul Casey & Friends feat. Terri Hooley – ‘In The Days Before Rock ’n’ Roll’ (7.45pm)
• Brian Kennedy – ‘Days Like This’ (8pm)
• Mary Coughlan – ‘Warm Love’ (8.15pm)
• John Spillane – ‘Cleaning Windows’ (8.30pm)
• Altan – ‘Whenever God Shines His Light’ (8.45pm)
• Malaki – ‘Someone Like You’ (9pm)
• Glen Hansard – ‘Astral Weeks’ (9.15pm)
• Hozier – ‘Caravan’ (9.30pm)
Hot Press is also publishing a Van Morrison Special Issue, to coincide with ‘Rave On, Van Morrison’, featuring written contributions from the legendary likes of Sinéad O'Connor, Gary Lightbody, Tim Wheeler, Una Healy and David Keenan – who reflect on Van's music and influence. The issue will also look back at five decades of landmark Hot Press interviews with Van, in which he discusses everything from Ray Charles and his other musical heroes, to the inspiration behind the seminal Astral Weeks. Plus, you can expect exclusive photos from the archives, ten ways Van has changed the world, and much more. This historic publication is set to be a must-have for Van Morrison fans all over the world, and is available to buy in shops or online now: