- Opinion
- 19 Feb 26
Former UK prince Andrew arrested over link to Jeffrey Epstein
"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course," said King Charles.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the former British prince, has been arrested by Thames Valley Police in relation to his connection with Jeffery Epstein. The arrest reportedly took place this morning at his home in Norfolk.
Thames Valley Police have previously stated they were reviewing allegations that Mountbatten-Windsor had a sexual encounter with a woman trafficked to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein, and that he shared sensitive information with the convicted pedophile while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.
“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” said British assistant chief constable Oliver Wright. “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
Prime Minister Keir Starmer commented on the Epstein scandal before Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest this morning, stating that no individual is "above the law" and urging him to cooperate with the authorities.
“Anybody who has any information should testify. So whether it’s Andrew or anybody else, anybody who has got relevant information should come forward to whatever the relevant body is,” Starmer told BBC Breakfast. “Anybody who has got information relating to any aspect of violence against women and girls has, in my view, a duty to come forward, whoever they are. One of the core principles in our system is that everybody is equal under the law, and nobody is above the law, and it is really important that this is applied across the board.”
Meanwhile, Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor, who was stripped of his titles by King Charles last year, continues to deny any wrongdoing.
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," said King Charles in a recently released statement. "What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course."
RELATED
- Sex & Drugs
- 23 Jan 20
Sex, Lies & Videotapes: The Jeffrey Epstein saga highlights shameless entitlement
- Opinion
- 19 Feb 26
Róisín El Cherif to perform at National March for Palestine on Saturday
RELATED
- Opinion
- 19 Feb 26
Trump administration calls Bruce Springsteen a “loser” in statement
- Opinion
- 18 Feb 26
Irish Government to confirm social media ban on under 16s today
- Sex & Drugs
- 18 Feb 26