- 29 Jan 20
RTÉ Choice Music Prize Song of the Year shortlist revealed
LYRA, Westlife, and Picture This are among the nominees.
The RTÉ Choice Music Prize announced their Song of the Year shortlist Wednesday with 2fm's Tracy Clifford. Lankum gain a second nomination to add to their Album of the Year nod with The Livelong Day's opener 'Wild Rover', while both Hozier and Dermot Kennedy snag spots for 'Almost (Sweet Music)' and 'Outnumbered', respectively.
Mango X Mathman paired up with Irish folk royalty Lisa Hannigan, blending her enigmatic voice and deep house production for the infectious hook on 'Deep Blue', which also received a nomination.
Voting is open to the public, and you can cast your vote for the best track of the year. Voting closes at midnight on March 1st. The winning song will be announced, along with Album of the Year, on 5th March in Vicar Street. The show will be broadcast live on RTÉ2fm, and a TV programme of the highlights will take place on 15th March at 11.15pm, hosted by Eoghan McDermott and Bláthnaid Treacy.
The full list of nominees are as follows:
- Mango X Mathman featuring Lisa Hannigan: Deep Blue (Weapon of Choice)
- Dermot Kennedy: Outnumbered (Universal)
- Westlife: Hello My Love (Universal)
- Lankum: Wild Rover (Rough Trade Records)
- Wild Youth: Making me Dance (Imperfectly Perfect Records)
- Hozier: Almost (Sweet Music) (Rubyworks / Universal)
- LYRA: Falling (Universal)
- Roisin Murphy: Incapable (BMG)
- Soulé feat. C Cane: Love Tonight (Diffusion Lab)
- Picture This: One Night (UMG Recordings)