- 15 Nov 17
The English alternative rock band were supposed to play the NME Awards 2018 Nominations Party tomorrow November 16, but were cancelled due to allegations made over social media.
Several members of the Southend-on-Sea five-piece have been accused by former fans of a number of different offences.
According to Twitter users, at least four members had been "sleeping with, sexting and soliciting nudes from underage fans".
One anonymous source spoke of her experience with a member named Dom. Following a concert, he "grabbed [her] by the throat & pinned [her] against the wall in front of everyone & shoved his tongue down [her] throat".
After being told to stop, he later returned and "dragged [her] around the corner" before doing it again.
Another unnamed victim said that one of the members pulled up her skirt while she was working to "check for her pass", making her "super uncomfortable".
Amongst the other accounts of abuses, one twitter user says that the drummer sent her videos of him masturbating when she was underage.
Nothing But Thieves had been gaining momentum and critical acclaim in preceding months, with The Guardian just last week describing them as "a vulcanised fusion of Muse and Radiohead".
Nme's official statement about cancelling their gig was released over Twitter this afternoon.
The band have yet to issue a statement.