- 16 Sep 22
'Memory of My Father’, read by Liam Neeson, is part of Patrick Kavanagh's Almost Everything… which releases on Friday, September 23.
Ahead of the highly-anticipated release of Patrick Kavanagh, Almost Everything... on Friday September 23, comes a recording of one of the seminal Irish poet’s most loved poems, ‘Memory of My Father’, read by Liam Neeson.
The release is accompanied by a beautifully animated music video by extraordinarily talented Dublin-based directing duo Cian Hughes & Bárbara Oliveira.
The delicate poem is backdropped by a simple yet elegant animation, tugging at any person's hear strings. Neeson's mature voice perfectly suits the airy instrumental accompanying the reading.
“The poem is deceptively simple,” says Liam Neeson. “It is very touching and it always reminds me of my deceased daddy.”
The single release comes mere days ahead of the full album release. Patrick Kavanagh, Almost Everything... will release through Claddagh Records/Universal Music Ireland - returning to where it was originally released in 1964.
The double album features the only recording of the revered Irish poet reading his most celebrated poems.
Now remastered and reimagined, this new two-part album features the original recordings and Kavanagh’s poetry read by Bono, Hozier, Imelda May, Jessie Buckley, Aidan Gillen, Lisa McGee, Lisa Hannigan, President Michael D. Higgins, Evanna Lynch, Sharon Corr, Kathleen Watkins, Christy Moore, Rachael Blackmore and Aisling Bea set to a wonderful music composition.
The music on the forthcoming release is recorded by Cormac Butler, producer, songwriter and mix engineer of Faction Records. Cormac has an extensive and wide-ranging discography from All Tvvins to James Vincent McMorrow to Sorcha Richardson to The Academic to Gavin James and The Coronas.
The physical formats of this album include a booklet containing all the poetry heard on the album.
The vinyl format of this release contains two truly unique vinyl sleeves. The first hosts a printed collage of sketches of all the celebrated readers around Patrick Kavanagh, with Kavanagh himself visible through the gold-foil cut-out square on the cover itself. The second vinyl sleeve is an exact replica of the original 1963 release.
Patrick Kavanagh, Almost Everything… will release on Friday, September 23 on Claddagh Records. Pre-order now from CladdaghRecords.com.
Watch the video for 'Memory of My Father', read by Liam Neeson, below.
Track List: Patrick Kavanagh, Almost Everything...
CD1 (Read by Guests)
1. On Raglan Road (read by Bono)
2. Stony Grey Soil (read by Michael D. Higgins)
3. Memory of My Father (read by Liam Neeson)
4. Canal Bank Walk (read by Imelda May)
5. Peace (read by Hozier)
6. Inniskeen Road: July Evening (read by Lisa McGee)
7. In Memory of my Mother (read by Kathleen Watkins)
8. The Hospital (read by Lisa Hannigan)
9. Pegasus (read by Rachael Blackmore)
10. October (read by Christy Moore)
11. Shancoduff (read by Aisling Bea)
12. Lines Written on a Seat on the Grand Canal, Dublin (read by Evanna Lynch)
13. Extract from ‘The Great Hunger’ (read by Aidan Gillen)
14. A Christmas Childhood (read by Sharon Corr)
15. Epic (read by Jessie Buckley)
CD2 (read by Patrick Kavanagh)
1. Autobiographical Prose
2. The Same Again
4. Narcissus and the Women
6. God in Woman
7. Kerr’s Ass
9. The Hospital
10. On the Death of Jim Larkin
11. Extract from ‘The Great Hunger’
12. Living in the Country: Part One
13. Dear Folks
14. Miss Universe
15. About Reason, Maybe
16. To Hell With Commonsense
18. Come Dance With Kitty Stobling
20. Having Confessed
- Lifestyle & Sports
- 30 Sep 22