- 29 May 19
The American DJ and producer was the centre of controversy when he claimed that he had dated actress Natalie Portman.
Moby has cancelled all upcoming public appearances, according to reports.
The musician was set to embark upon a tour throughout the UK & Ireland to promote his new memoir, Then It Fell Apart.
The UK journalist Dave Haslam wrote on Twitter: "Moby has cancelled all upcoming public appearances for the foreseeable future, including his book events at Hay Book Festival, EartH (London), Martin Harris Centre (Manchester), and Liberty Hall Theatre (Dublin)."
Tony Clayton-Lea, who was scheduled to interview Moby for the Liberty Hall Theatre event on June 6, confirmed the news, posting on Twitter:
This event is now cancelled. pic.twitter.com/QAYHJ65VW0
— Tony Clayton-Lea (@TonyClaytonLea) May 29, 2019
Following the release of Moby's memoir, in which he detailed a relationship with Natalie Portman, the Oscar-winning actress denied Moby's claims that the two had been in a relationship and questioned his version of events.
In the memoir, Moby had alleged that that he met Portman when she was 20 and that they dated briefly.
However, Portman then told Harper's Bazaar UK magazine that "there are many factual errors and inventions" in his writing.
She said: "I was surprised to hear that he characterised the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school. He said I was 20; I definitely wasn't. I was a teenager. I had just turned 18."
Initially, Moby doubled down on his claims that they'd dated, saying that he was "confused" at her denial over a relationship with him.
Finally, following the backlash from the story, Moby has issued a lengthy apology on his Instagram account.