Critics' Choice 1995
The top five albums of 1995 as chosen by the Hotpress critics.
The Hot Press Newsdesk, 14 Jun 2007
1. PJ Harvey To Bring You My Love [island]
We can only guess as to what happened inside PJ’s head following the Steve Albini-produced Dry, but on the evidence of the radical transformation she underwent for TBYML, it amounted to a full blown Lost Highway personality fugue. The soft spoken west country girl was gone, replaced by a pink cat-suited mascara vamp proffering a glammed up variation on the southern gothic nightmare.
2. Aimee Mann – I’m With Stupid [geffen]
3. Tricky – Maxinquaye [island/4th and broadway]
4. Oasis – (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? [creation]
5. Whipping Boy – Heartworm [columbia]