Lethal Dialect wants you to remix his track
The winning version of 'Keep It Real' will feature on his forthcoming album!
The Hot Press Newsdesk, 15 Jan 2013
Dublin rapper Lethal Dialect is set to release a collector's double edition of his two LD50 albums, and wants YOU to feature on it.
The rapper - real name Paul Alwright - released LD50 - Part 1 in January 2011, following it up with the excellent LD50 - Part 2 just 12 months later.
'Keep It Real' (produced by GI) featured on the second collection, and now, in association with Hot Press, Paul is offering producers the chance to appear on the forthcoming double edition.
When all entries have been received, Paul and Hot Press will agree on a shortlist, which will be uploaded to hotpress.com. We'll then open the competition to a public vote, letting you decide the ultimate winner.
HOW TO ENTER:
* There are no strict rules, we want you to have full artistic freedom with regard to your remix, whatever genre/style it might be! We will however, provide you with some tools..
* First off, check out the original track, here.
* Secondly, click here to open a zip file containing Paul's a capella vocal, as well as a series of his hooks and adlibs, which might come in handy. Note, 'Keep It Real' is 88 bpm.
* To submit your entry, simply upload to our Soundcloud dropbox.
* The closing date for entries is Friday, February 22 at 5.30pm. Please mail email@example.com with any queries. Good luck!