- 12 Oct 16
The Trump campaign has been rocked by yet another controversy. It’s being claimed that there is a drove of controversial material of unaired footage from ‘The Apprentice’ show in which for the Republican presidential candidate makes unsuitable sexually comments about contestants and crew members. It’s claimed he even made comments on contestants breast size during breaks in filming the hugely popular show.
Reports by Associated Press (AP) claims that a staggering 20 former contestants on the show, as well as crew members, were subjected to inappropriate sexual comments by Trump.
“If there was a break in the conversation, he would then look at one of the female cast members, saying, ‘You’re looking kind of hot today/ I love that dress on you,’ then he would turn to one of the male cast members and say, ‘Wouldn’t you sleep with her?’ And then everyone would laugh,” a former crew member AP.
“There would be about 10 or 12 cameras rolling and getting that footage, which is why everybody was like, ‘This guy just doesn’t care’.”
Speaking off the record, one crew member claimed: “The Apprentice footage was super vaulted stuff, to keep it from getting into anyone’s hands. The game-show aspect meant that the footage was locked down super securely.”
The production team behind Donald Trump’s TV Show ‘The Apprentice’ are coming under pressure now to release contentious video footage of the self-made billionaire who has divided America with his election campaign.
Trump was already in the firing line recently after footage was released of him boasting about sexually molesting a woman on an episode of Access Hollywood.
Trump lead ‘The Apprentice’ show from 2004 until 2015 and the producer, Mark Burnett, is now under sever pressure to release the alleged controversial footage from Trump’s many detractors.
"As a producer on seasons one and two of The Apprentice I assure you: when it comes to the Trump tapes, there are far worse," said Bill Pruitt, an Emmy Award-winning producer.
Irish-American TV producer Chris Nee claims she was made sign a non-disclosure contract with Burnet not to air the footage. The contract stipulates she would be fined $5million if she was do to so. But Burnet says there was never an such a censorship contract demand, with such claims have been described as "completely and unequivocally false."
"Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from The Apprentice," said MGM, owners of the show, and Mr Burnett, in a joint statement.
"Various contractual and legal requirements also restrict MGM's ability to release such material."
Burnett also dismissed claims that the controversial footage is been kept out of the public domain because of claims he is a pro-Trump supporter. A statement released by his PR team said: “To be clear, as previously reported in the press, and as Mark Burnett has confirmed, he has consistently supported Democratic campaigns."
Burnett, who has the tapes, also denied claims made by Buzzfeed that he “is pro-Trump and has made clear to his teams that he will sue anyone who leaks”.