- 31 Aug 20
As part of our celebrations for Van Morrison's 75th birthday, Bob Geldof performs 'I'm Tired Joey Boy'.
Initially rising to prominence as the lead singer of the Boomtown Rats, Bob Geldof is widely considered one of Ireland's most iconic artists of living memory. He is also recognised globally for his activism, and his work with Band Aid and Live Aid. Earlier this year, the Boomtown Rats returned with Citizens of Boomtown.
Watch Bob Geldof perform 'I'm Tired Joey Boy' below:
See the action-packed programme for Van's Big Day on Monday, August 31, below:
• President Michael D. Higgins with Bill Whelan – ‘Rave On, John Donne’ (7pm)
• Bob Geldof – ‘I'm Tired Joey Boy’ (7.15pm)
• Moya Brennan (Clannad) – ‘The Beauty Of The Days Gone By’ (7.30pm)
• Paul Casey & Friends feat. Terri Hooley – ‘In The Days Before Rock ’n’ Roll’ (7.45pm)
• Brian Kennedy – ‘Days Like This’ (8pm)
• Mary Coughlan – ‘Warm Love’ (8.15pm)
• John Spillane – ‘Cleaning Windows’ (8.30pm)
• Altan – ‘Whenever God Shines His Light’ (8.45pm)
• Malaki – ‘Someone Like You’ (9pm)
• Glen Hansard – ‘Astral Weeks’ (9.15pm)
• Hozier – ‘Caravan’ (9.30pm)
Hot Press is also publishing a Van Morrison Special Issue, to coincide with ‘Rave On, Van Morrison’, featuring written contributions from the legendary likes of Hozier, Sinéad O’Connor, Gary Lightbody, Damien Rice, Imelda May and Damien Rice, as well as special homages from international artists Brandon Flowers, Steve Van Zandt and Matt Berninger. In addition, you'll find the highlights of our recent exclusive interview with Van – who discusses the Belfast he grew up in, ‘Gloria’, Jim Morrison, Lenny Bruce, the real inspiration for Astral Weeks and his extraordinary work as a songwriter.
This historic publication is a must-have for Van Morrison fans all over the world, and is available to order now.