- 06 Mar 19
Hot Press has teamed up with Slane Whiskey to honour the legacy of the iconic Slane Castle venue, with an exclusive event that you can win tickets to!
Hot Press, together in association with Slane Whiskey, have today announced "A Taste Of Rock N'Roll" - a new event aimed towards lovers of both whiskey and music.
This event, which will take place on Thursday 21st March at The Wild Duck, 17/20 Sycamore Street, Dublin 2, will feature Irish indie rock heroes HamsandwicH, who will perform six songs sung by acts who have previously performed at Slane Castle over the years.
The history of Slane Castle speaks for itself. Possibly Ireland's most iconic venue (and the most sought after by big musicians), it's played host to the likes of Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, and Queen - to name just a few! - over the years.
But as well as being a music venue, the owners of Slane Castle have developed a state of the art whiskey distillery and visitor centre.
"We're thrilled that in addition to next summer's concert, we've got people visiting Slane all-year round to see the distillery and learn about our history," says Alex Conyngham, co-founder of Slane Whiskey.
Now, as Slane gets set to welcome Metallica to the venue in June, Hot Press and Slane Whiskey have teamed up for this exclusive event.
But that's not all! In applying for this event, we've asked you to submit a song from a past Slane headliner you would like to hear. If you suggest a song that is chosen to be played on the night by HamsandwicH you will be entered into a draw for you plus a friend to win the following:
- Enjoy a chauffeur driven journey to Rock Farm at Slane Castle, with a stop at Slane Hill en-route to take in the impressive Boyne Valley, and learn more about the history of Slane.
- Enjoy a personal tour of Rock Farm at Slane Castle, including insights into the eco-building project, becoming an organic farmer and growing barley for whiskey.
- Cycle along a private trail with Alex Conyngham through the grounds of Slane Farm and enter the castle grounds via the (closed to the public) Gothic Entrance.
- Journey through a historic tour of Slane Castle (this is the spot where Bono interviewed Bob Dylan and Van Morrison for Hot Press!)
- Savour in a 3 course lunch in the castle before moving to the distillery for an after-dinner Irish Coffee.
- Enjoy a special tour of Slane Distillery, before finishing with a tasting of this smooth triple casked blend.
- Fill and Personalise your own bottle of Slane Irish Whiskey in the Distillery Giftshop
- Unwind after the busy day in your chauffeur journey back to Dublin
The prize also includes a €50 gift voucher to the distillery each and Slane Merchandise.
There's also some Slane goodie bags containing a bottle of Slane Irish Whiskey and Slane merchandise for three runners up.
To the enter this competition, simply follow this link: https://www.hotpress.com/competitions/preview-22765075?preview=1