- 18 Sep 17
In Los Angeles last night, the red carpet was rolled out once more for the 69th Emmy’s, television’s most prestigious set of awards. In addition to the numerous actors, the focus was on a man who was not present at all: US President Donald Trump.
Actor Alec Baldwin won Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy at the 2017 awards for his portrayal of Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live. When he accepted the prize, Baldwin said, "I think I should say, 'Mr. Trump, here is your Emmy.'" In the past Trumps Reality TV show Celebrity Apprentice had been nominated several times, but clearly, for the president a nomination was never enough.
The award for best drama series went to The Handmaid's Tale, which was adapted from the 1985 Margaret Atwood novel of the same name. It’s leading star, Elisabeth Moss was honored for her performance in the series as the best actress.
Veep scooped up the best comedy series with Julia Louis-Dreyfus earning the title of best leading actress in a comedy series. Donald Glover won the best main actor in the same category for his performance in the HBO series, Atlanta, and Kate McKinnon won best supporting actress in a comedy series for her work on Saturday Night Live.
Best actor in a drama series went to Sterling K. Brown for his role in This is Us, Nicole Kidman was named Best Actress in a Mini-series for her work on Big Little Lies and Riz Ahmed became the first Muslim-Asian actor to win an Emmy as he picked up Best Actor in the same category for The Night of.
However who were the best-dressed stars at this year's Emmy TV Awards?
Here are our favourite looks:
1. Tracee Ellis Ross in Chanel Haute Couture with Irene Neuwirth jewelry
2. Nicole Kidman in Calvin Klein by Appointment and Harry Winston jewels
3. Zoë Kravitz in Dior Haute Couture and Tiffany & Co. jewels
4. Sarah Paulson in Carolina Herrera and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry
5. Evan Rachel Wood in custom Moschino by Jeremy Scott
6. Kiernan Shipka in MIU MIU custom
7. Alexis Bledel in custom Lela Rose
8. Kathryn Hahn
9. Ellie Kemper in Proenza Shuouler
10. Robin Wright in Rosie Assoulin