- 11 Jul 23
The community will have access to amenities such as a supermarket, library, café, crèche, community hub and green spaces.
Dublin City Council has confirmed that full planning permission has been granted for a development of 578 new homes at Emmet Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
The project will offer 24% of homes to social housing while the remaining 76% will be allocated as affordable rental units.
Affordable rentals will be accessible through cost rental, a scheme directed towards moderate-income households which provides safe, quality and financially reliable housing in the long-term.
The units will vary, with houses available for single people, couples and families. 110 studios, 172 one-beds (including 17 duplex apartments), 250 two-beds and 46 three-beds are expected to be built.
Great News! We have full planning permission for a development of 578 new homes at Emmet Road (formerly St Michael’s Estate), Inchicore, D8.
The scheme will deliver a mix of social and affordable homes, with 76% allocated to affordable homes for rent and 24% to social housing. pic.twitter.com/bhkLl0f6bp
— Dublin City Council (@DubCityCouncil) July 11, 2023
The new community will have access to amenities such as a supermarket, library, café, crèche and community hub. Car and bike parking spaces will be available alongside with an open green space and play facilities for children.
The project is also said to include a series of green roofs across the homes, encouraging biodiversity in the area. Solar panels are also included in the works as a source of renewable energy while the car park will contain charging ports for electric vehicles.