not a member? click here to sign up

the hotpress.com messageboard [ back to topic list ]
Benicassim 2012
Going to the festival this year for the first time. Anyone ever been? Any advice on getting there, where to stay etc?
-- koerut 
15/03/12 at 09:34 
  [ Login to post a message. ]  

Myself and Evil went a few years ago. I flew into Valencia, think he got a train down from Barça.

It's hot man. I wouldn't camp if at all possible. Can't advise about apartments and that I'm afraid, we camped.

If you do camp, buy a lilo, the ground is rock hard. Try and get there early and find a spot in the shade, won't make that much of a difference but could give you an extra hour in bed (you'll be out of your tent by about 9am anyway!)

Great set up though - water park next to the festival site, go-karting track and the beach of course.

You can rent bikes too which I found handy for getting around, pain in the arse walking up from the beach (it's only 10 mins but still) in wet flipflops, but then I hate walking. Or take a spin a bit down the town for a cheaper restaurant to eat in.

Doesn't really kick off each night 'til about 9/10 and lasts til about 7am.
Excellent, thanks Hydra! yeah, we're going to get an apartment, there's a few of us so hopefully it'll work out reasonble enough. Seeing as it keeps going til 7am, you'd want to be sleeping a bit during the day and that'd be impossible baking in a tent.

Thinking about renting a car as well, but bikes sound like a good option. Was there somewhere to lock them up while you were at the festival, would they be safe enough?

Cant frickin wait!
Yeah, it's only day rental I think, so you give them back at the end from what I remember. Worth looking into anyway.

Ye'll probably be staying in one of the towns up the coast (?) so ye'll probably have shuttle buses.

I enjoyed it, I'd only go back if it had a lineup that jumped out at me, it's kind of like the Spanish 'Oxegen', pretty mainstream names and young crowd, there are as many British and Irish as Spanish at it - but the weather/location is what makes it.

That waterpark is great for a snooze in the shade in the afternoon.

Go for showers in the campsites, you'll see loads of boobies
surely you go just for the music, h'dra?
Ah yeah but Spanish boobies are not to be sniffed at
hey koerut,

i went to benicassim last year and it was savage. i have to disagree with hydra and totally recommend the camping! you "can't" bring drink into the grounds so it's great to be able to have a few cans by your tent and hear the music, or head back for a shower or an hour to chill out in between. the folks around our campsite were dead on, you'll always find a sing song, and the showers were completely clean.

we walked into town every day to have a few pints or head down the beach to swim off the hangovers. about a 20 minute walk. but then you're back to your tent and right beside the stages. it's also handy when you realise you need ... bed ... now, and it's right there! :)

my favourite act were the stranglers...

other advice would be to book your train tickets now - they all sell out.

cool line up this year, enjoy!
Thanks Beep and Hydra!

by train tickets you mean from Barcelona, right? We're thinking about hiring a car. And the gang I'm going with dont want to camp but we could set up a tent or two anyway, right? And use it as a base at the festival. We all have camping tickets. Does anyone know if there are shuttle buses from the festival to Oropesa del Mar?

thanks again!
Surely you mean they are to be sniffed at, Hydra?
Benicassim, eh?
Thanks tornaxx, you're a star!
Anyone else heading this year? Really looking forward to the Stone Roses now after the good reports of the phoenix park gig.
No bother! By the way, the best way of finding anything on Hotpress is to enter this in to Google:

http:/www.hotpress.com/site: Benicassim
gotcha

[ Login to post a message. ]

[ Back to topic list ]

Contact Us

Hot Press,
13 Trinity Street,
Dublin 2.
Rep. Of Ireland
Tel: +353 (1) 241 1500

Email:info@hotpress.ie

Click here for more contact information.

Click here to find out more about Hot Press

Hot Press always welcomes feed back so if you've got something to tell us click here.

Advertise With Us

For more detail on how to advertise with Hot Press click here or call us on +353 (1) 241 1540