not a member? click here to sign up

the hotpress.com messageboard [ back to topic list ]
PETE BEST OF THE BEATLES
Hey, Pop Kids, your Christmas wish is just about to come true!

PETE BEST OF THE BEATLES is returning for four performances at The Complex (just off Capel Street) from March 29th until April 1st. Tickets cost €10 - €15. They can be purchased at www.tickets.ie.

As I’m sure you all know already, Pete Best was drummer with The Beatles for two years in the early 1960s. He played hundreds of shows with John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison – and then was mysteriously kicked out of the band a few short weeks before they released their debut single (‘Love Me Do’) and went on to take over the world. This play examines the mystery of Pete’s sacking from the band – and presents a fascinating insight into the early days of The Beatles and their wild nights in Liverpool and Hamburg. And the great Padraic McGinley is returning to play the part of Pete.

Form an orderly queue there – and ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 50 per person. Non-negotiable.

So now you know.
-- skennedy 
10/03/17 at 11:19 
  [ Login to post a message. ]  

I'd be very interested in buying a ticket for this from Seatwave. Can you help?

Actually, I was a bit disappointed not to see an ad for this sooner. The e-mail was sent out ages ago! (Well, Monday or something).
I don't think there are too many Beatle fans around here, Mr. T. But I could be wrong.
Ah, you might hit a stray one. I wouldn't class myself as a Beatles fan but I have a few albums, and the play sounds interesting. Organising to get myself to Dublin on a school day is the main hassle for me, usually. (I know this covers the weekend, so well done for that!)
This hits the stage next week - March 29th. Tickets are selling fast.

Spread the word to any Beatle fans you know.
We have a pair of tickets to give away for the performance of PETE BEST OF THE BEATLES on Wednesday, March 29th. To be in with a chance to win – email your answer to this question to…

dublinbeatlesfestival@gmail.com

Question – Which two members of The Beatles had a fist fight on stage at the Top Ten Club in Hamburg in 1961?

Competition ends at 5pm on Saturday, March 25th. The winner will be contacted after that.
Eh, I think I know. Should I enter?

(I'm thinking Tommy, from The Who.)
Feck sake, Tornaxx.

You just had to go and tell everyone the answer!

Next time put up your hand and wait.
And the winner of the competition is Gerard Nicholson. He will receive two tickets to PETE BEST OF THE BEATLES. It runs at The Complex in Dublin from March 29th to April 1st. (End of plug.)

The answer to the question was Paul McCartney and Stuart Sutcliffe.
Fair play to you, skennedy, and God be with the days when HP would have draws for the big races at Cheltenham here for the regulars on this messageboard. Not enough around now though a lot of the randomers who picked horses were not so regular.
Cheers, Cyber. Opening night was last night. Padraic McGinley (Pete Best) got a standing ovation. He deserved it. Great performance. Three nights to go... and then sleep.
Sorry! I forgot it was this weekend.

I'm sure you had a full house anyway (and transport might have been an issue for me, and others). Still, if you are bringing it to me (literally), try Newbridge!, even for a one-off.
Last night tonight, Mr. T. It's an epic show to put on - so not sure when we'll run it again... if ever. Maybe on Broadway.

[ Login to post a message. ]

[ Back to topic list ]

best of ireland

Contact Us

Hot Press,
13 Trinity Street,
Dublin 2.
Rep. Of Ireland
Tel: +353 (1) 241 1500

Email:info@hotpress.ie

Click here for more contact information.

Click here to find out more about Hot Press

Hot Press always welcomes feed back so if you've got something to tell us click here.

Advertise With Us

For more detail on how to advertise with Hot Press click here or call us on +353 (1) 241 1540